Constributing to Abilian Core¶
Project on GitHub¶
The project is hosted on GitHub at: https://github.com/abilian/abilian-core.
Participation in the development of Abilian is welcome and encouraged, through the various mechanisms provided by GitHub:
License and copyright¶
The Abilian code is copyrighted by Abilian SAS, a french company.
It is licenced under the LGPL (Lesser General Public License), which means you can reuse the product as a library
If you contribute to Abilian, we ask you to transfer your rights to your contribution to us.
In case you have questions, you’re welcome to contact us.
We give a great deal of care to the quality of our software, and try to use all the tools that are at our disposal to make it rock-solid.
- Having an exhaustive test suite.
- Using continuous integration (CI) servers to run the test suite on every commit.
- Running tests.
- Using our products daily.
You can check the build status:
You can also check the coverage reports:
We’re now using setuptools_scm to manage version numbers.
It comes with some conventions on its own when it comes to releasing.
Here’s what you should do to make a new release on PyPI:
- Check that the CHANGES.rst file is correct.
- Tag (ex: git tag 0.3.0), using numbers that are consistent with semantic versionning.
- Run python setup.py sdist upload.